The Independent, Head of Audience
The Independent is looking for a dynamic and experienced head of audience to grow its global reach and help lead and influence editorial strategy and workflows.
The right candidate will be a self-starter and have a deep understanding of how to achieve growth and scale while ensuring the title’s subscription services thrive.
It is vitally important the person for this job understands the nuances of the US market vs the rest of the world and the UK.
This is a senior role leading a team of six and reporting directly into senior management.
You will be expected to be comfortable presenting strategy to senior executives in an articulate and engaging manner, both in person and in report form.
The right person will be a decisive problem solver, with the ability and attitude to influence colleagues into positive and timely action.
Candidates with newsroom experience are preferred, but those with an exceptional understanding of audience analysis across multiple platforms from other sectors will be considered.
Key responsibilities and skills:
- Inspire and manage a team of six audience editors
- Advise on publishing strategy and help lead on implementing best practice
- Complete understanding of all analytics platforms used to track the Independent and use them to map strategy and spot issues
- Act swiftly and vocally when issues arise
- Write engaging audience insights with full context and strategic suggestions
- An encyclopaedic knowledge of newsroom best practice and trends for audience on and off platform
- An understanding of how to balance a subscription vs scale model
Click 'APPLY NOW'.
Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting candidates who have been shortlisted and progressed through to the next stage.
ESI Media is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
All of our employees are entitled to benefits including great pension, private healthcare and life insurance schemes. We also offer cycle to work and season ticket loan initiatives to make our employees’ journeys to work easier. We want our employees to enjoy working for us and we invest in training and development to support and develop rewarding careers.