The Telegraph, Digital Production Journalist - Business, Money & Technology
As a Digital Production Journalist, you'll primarily be responsible for editing and publishing digital content across the Telegraph's Business, Money and Tech output.
This production role ensures our written content - across news, features, comment, analysis and newsletters - is produced in a timely way to the highest possible standards.
It will include uploading breaking news from the wires, and the chance to work across the website and social channels. Please note, this role will work on a shift basis across a seven day rota.
You will have the chance to work across a variety of content in a fast-paced, expanding team and alongside some of the country’s best journalists in their field. This is an exciting challenge to make a real impact in driving subscriptions in a globally renowned organisation that puts quality first.
- Ensuring copy is accurate, well presented and optimised for a digital audience.
- Writing sharp, digital-friendly headlines. Make use of the best pictures, video and other multimedia assets.
- Commission graphics and illustrations.
- May be asked to manage digital channels including social media feeds.
- Liaise with the Digital Business Editor and Social/Community Editor to ensure priorities are met.
- Generating creative solutions to presenting content online.
- Contributing to The Telegraph’s subscription strategy.
Essential skills required for the role:
- Experience of writing and sub-editing stories on digital platforms.
- Experience of working in news at regional, trade or national level, ideally within business.
- Digital publishing skills needed, including knowledge of creating embeds such as info boxes, polls, number graphics, etc.
- Enthusiasm, imagination and digital ideas are all essential.
- Quick, accurate subbing.
- Able to respond well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
Additional skills useful for the role:
- Understanding of social media and SEO.
- Strong news sense and judgement.
Click 'APPLY' now.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.