The Telegraph, Editorial SEO Analyst
Working at the heart of the newsroom, the Editorial SEO team is an integral part of the publication process, influencing decisions and making recommendations to journalists throughout the day.
In this role, you'll work closely with a variety of desks across a range of newsworthy topics. You can expect a fast-paced environment where no day is the same.
The SEO team's output is heavily influenced by the news agenda, and we take a flexible approach to the day’s work as priorities can quickly change.
We also work closely with a variety of digital journalism teams, including Social, Graphics, Video and Analytics, to provide a holistic approach to digital publishing.
The successful candidate can expect to build and develop close ties with these teams.
The SEO Analyst will support planning for known events and maximise audiences for the website through SEO analysis.
- Producing SEO insight and analysis specific to The Telegraph's editorial teams.
- Putting forward editorial recommendations, both for headlines and content across three main categories: evergreen content, forward planning, daily news-driven events.
- Analysing our data to identify high performing topics and trends, and building content plans based on insights
- Making basic SEO amends to article copy and headlines
- Reporting on performance against targets and proposing improvements or alternative approaches.
- Providing flexible cover during large, search friendly news events.
- Developing relationships with commercial, subscriptions and marketing teams.
- Contribute to standard daily and weekly reports on search performance, with a focus on post-event analysis for major projects.
- Working with internal tech teams on sitewide improvements and updates.
Essential skills required for the role
- Demonstrable SEO experience, especially around content optimisation.
- A keen interest in publishing and news/current affairs.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Confident approach to building relationships with teams across the newsroom.
Additional skills useful for the role
- Good technical SEO skills, with an ability to understand and recommend on site issues.
- Proactive and motivated.
Click 'APPLY' now.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.