The Telegraph, Head of Audience
The Telegraph is looking for a brilliant editor and analyst to devise ways to grow an engaged audience to support the business’s subscriptions strategy, using short-term tactics and long-term strategy.
- Lead The Telegraph’s strategy for growing the number of readers and users we have, and increasing how frequently they come back and how broadly they consume our journalism.
- Working with the Head of Publishing and the senior editorial team, lead The Telegraph’s tactics and strategy for improving conversion of that audience to engaged subscribers.
- Educate the newsroom on best practice for how to achieve these goals.
- Work with the Director of Newsroom Innovation on strategic, transformational initiatives around the newsroom - and to take The Telegraph’s journalism to new platforms when and where appropriate, to ensure it reaches and engages the audience where they are.
- Manage the Social Media team to promote, support, develop and maximise the impact of editorial content - to reach and engage our existing audience and attract sizeable new audiences.
- Manage the SEO team to ensure that our fast and slow journalism is always commissioned and optimised to reach the largest possible Telegraph audience.
- Manage the Community team to develop the strategy of how we increase engagement with our readers and build communities of value to The Telegraph.
- Work closely with the Insight & Analysis and Subscriptions departments to formulate strategies for improving the user journey so that we build a sustainable subscription model based around our journalism.
- Work with the Head of Visual & Interactive Journalism to ensure The Telegraph is at the forefront of original and unique presentation and distribution methods across all platforms.
Essential skills required for the role
- Experience of working in a senior role in a busy newsroom
- Strong track record of growing a digital audience, and building engagement with it
- Experience of commissioning digital content and coordinating complex digital plans
- Strong understanding of how to use data analytics
- Strong understanding of Social Media and SEO strategy
- Ability to work quickly to meet deadlines, but also to think creatively about original new ways to tell stories
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the newsroom
- Excellent news sense and current affairs knowledge
- Full knowledge of media law
Additional skills useful for the role
- Experience of working for a publisher with a subscriptions strategy
- Experience of launching a digital publisher’s content on to new platforms
Click 'APPLY' now.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.