The Sun, Deputy Snapchat Editor - Online
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
The Sun’s Snapchat channel is the most popular in the UK and delivers our stories to a brand new audience.
We are looking for a passionate, committed deputy editor to help lead the team, creating and editing content tailored to this audience whilst looking out for new areas of innovation.
Day to day you will:
- Help to lead the editorial Snapchat team, working alongside the Digital Design Team.
- Deputise to the Snapchat Editor in the management of editorial staff, creating rotas, signing off pay and helping with recruitment as required.
- Conceive ideas for stories and features for the daily edition and for future exclusive features and development.
- Brief writers and designers then edit those stories to to conform to The Sun’s Snapchat style.
What we’re looking from you:
- Writing and editing copy in a variety of styles for a publisher
- Briefing both writers and designers, experience of motion graphics desirable
- Strong knowledge of Snapchat, at least as a user, and a demonstrable understanding of The Sun’s Snapchat style
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the The Sun brand, both print and digital
- Flexibility to work shift patterns across 7 days
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.
What's in it for you?
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be.
Click 'APPLY' now.