Women's Health, Social Media Editor - Maternity Cover
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our Social Media Editor to start next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living.
We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
Women’s Health is the UK’s number-one authority on health and wellness. It leads the charge in empowering and championing its consistently growing audience to help women achieve a smarter, fitter, happier lifestyle.
Our content is as practical as it inspirational and brings together the latest stories from the worlds of health, fitness, fashion, food and beyond. Women's Health encourages small, realistic changes that give big, long-lasting results.
As our Social Media Editor you will oversee all brand posts and presence across all social platforms, and be responsible for retaining and increasing existing social engagement and followers, as well as referrals to the brand website.
People scrutinise Social Media accounts as an extension of brand ethos and tone – it is essential that this is upheld with close care.
You will have major influence in the group, assisting the Editor and Digital Editor with content strategy and ensuring all staff members have relevant social media expertise.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uphold and expand the Social Media Strategy with Digital Editor to retain and increase engagement, referral traffic and followings, with particular focus on Instagram and YouTube
- Create brand presence across untapped or emerging social platforms where appropriate
- Brief and create the appropriate visual and editorial content to drive maximum engagement to each post across each platform
- Oversee video production across all platforms, this can extend to on-site
- Oversee the execution of all social posts across all platforms, and use deep data analysis to uphold and adapt a content strategy that will achieve brand KPIs
- To maintain strong community management and ensure brand tone in upheld to a high standard.
- Report on social media performance across all platforms
- Be intrinsically aware of how current and future trends in social apply to the brand and able to education and empower the rest of the team
- Work with the sales teams to ensure an appropriate and effective social presence is being woven into commercial briefs
- Oversee social coverage and conversation around live events appropriate to the brand
- Obsessed with data, analytics and changing algorithms, the right candidate will develop an effective content strategy around brand KPIs, while staying true to the editorial values and tone.
- Equally obsessed with visual consistency and full of ideas for how to develop social-first/viral content.
- You will be immersed in and passionate about the world of social media, with proven experience of driving strong social media success.
- You should have a firm understanding of the appropriate visuals to drive engagement in all forms across each platform.
- Able to quickly respond to buzzing topics and breaking news, the strongest applicant will be able to advise writers and editors on responsive content where possible, as well as being able to create original (brand appropriate) reactive social posts - experience of navigating sensitive and often controversial issues on social media is a bonus.
- Being on the pulse of changing social media algorithms and aware of newly emerging social platforms, this role is best suited to a self-starter who’s not afraid to experiment.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Summer working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
Click 'APPLY' now.