The Telegraph, Assistant Comment Editor
The Assistant Comment Editor will help deliver all aspects of The Telegraph's Comment output across print and digital.
- You will work on the Telegraph’s comment desk, commissioning and editing opinion pieces both for print and online.
- Some writing will be required, including for the Telegraph’s leader column.
- You will represent the comment desk at editorial meetings and pitch ideas to the relevant editors.
- Some Saturday and Sunday working required.
Essential skills required for the role
- Excellent editorial judgement and ability to distinguish quickly between good and bad ideas and pitches.
- Detailed understanding of the political landscape and developing stories.
- Ability to come up with original angles on stories that will work as comment articles.
- Strong writer with the ability to edit and improve copy quickly.
- Extensive contacts book of writers.
- Confident headline writer.
Additional skills useful for the role
- Understanding of SEO and social media platforms.
- Previous experience working with comment writers would be desirable.
Click 'APPLY' now.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.