The Sun, Digital Production Editor - 1 Year FTC
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
To help build the audience of The Sun on its digital platforms by constantly improving the quality and quantity of publishing, editing and polishing stories to ensure the highest standard and to maximise traffic and managing the platform as required.
Day to day:
- Managing thesun.co.uk homepage as required, under instructions of Digital Editor, Deputies and Homepage Editor.
- Editing and polishing stories to ensure the highest standard of presentation, particularly in headlines and pictures to best maximise traffic, making decisions about the best treatment of stories.
- Constantly improving the quality of stories, checking for updates and fresh lines and pictures.
- Helping to manage The Sun’s publishing output on digital platforms such as the phone app, Apple News, Newsletters etc as required.
- Fully aware of legal issues and the PCC Code of Conduct.
- 5-day week across 7-day rota.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Digital production experience on a national title.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with team and management.
- Understands Sun DNA and how it translates to website.
- Knows what a Sun reader wants and how this can be delivered.
- Understands the production process for a news website.
- Capable of leading and motivating a team.
- Calmness under pressure.
- Attention to detail and an inquisitive nature.
- Proficient with technology and able to adapt.
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard.
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task.
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results.
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the The Sun brand, both print and digital
- Flexibility to work shift patterns across 7 days
Click 'APPLY' now.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.