International Asset Finance Network, Editor-in-Chief (Homeworking)
Asset Finance International Limited is seeking an editor-in-chief to help us transform our friendly home-based publishing business from a website and conference provider to an online global community for auto and equipment finance professionals working in banks, manufacturers (and their finance organisations) and independent finance providers.
Our core products have been our website (assetfinanceinternational.com) which was established in 2009; a series of UK based conferences (International Asset Finance Network) established in 2014 which grew rapidly to become the largest asset finance conferences in Europe by the end of 2019; and sponsored research and white papers.
We also create white papers for our sponsors; and try to build compelling opportunities for them to meet their potential customers and, critically, deepen their relationships with them. Our sponsors tend to be technology providers – but include other suppliers to the industry including lawyers.
Our content focus examines how technology and regulation is transforming the way in which assets are financed. Assets include business and consumer cars, and business equipment (commercial vehicles, yellow goods, plant and machinery, office equipment, technology and even software).
We have carried out research into more flexible models of usage including cars by subscription and pay to use or pay by use models which break the traditional trade cycle (where manufacturers seek to increase revenue and profits by reduce the duration of the cycle between first and second purchase) to models where revenue is increased through maximising utilisation of each asset; or through a payment for outcome.
Examples of the former include power by the hour payments for bulldozers, or pay per pick for robotic arms on a production line; and for the latter paying for plant in factory once it meets targeted energy usage reductions. Participation in these topics and our research from the industry is high.
We have also been examining how regulators have become more involved in the commercial activities of our community members – and we are just looking at the implications of this with a panel of industry leaders, lawyers and trade associations.
Since the outbreak of the pandemic we have shifted our events online, and have continued to grow. We are however on a roller-coaster ride of transforming our business, and we are changing fast! The website and conference activity is converging – and will be centred in future around the International Asset Finance Network brand.
- At present we are focussing on developing an online global community where it can interact to carry out all of the activities which they usually do at our conferences. We call these activities conferring.
- We are also changing the work done by our team to fit this new model – trying to add the structure our business needs if it is to continue to grow and evolve. We have also started to work with (and pay) MBA students who are helping with our research.
- We are starting also to rethink our products to centre them around the online community we wish to build.
We need a hands-on editor with a good understanding of traditional publishing skills; who can manage and develop an editorial team; and who can work with the senior team to develop the business.
- Build your community of contacts in the industry and use them to identify relevant content and evolve our products to better meeting their needs
- Work with our commercial manager to help us raise awareness of our sponsors among target buyers in our market and create products which will help them deepen relationships with them.
- Build an editorial team which is focussed on delivering the editorial products which the business needs as it transforms
- Participate with the CEO and the senior team to grow the business for 2021 and beyond.
If you would like to discuss this role then please call Edward Peck, CEO on 0208 318 3512 / 07796 26 3380 or by clicking 'APPLY NOW'. CVs are good – but the covering letter is especially important.