Sunday Mirror & Sunday People, Features Writer - Maternity Cover
The Sunday Mirror and Sunday People Features Department is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Features Writer to join our team for a maternity cover placement.
We are looking for someone who is brimming with ideas and can generate great, original, content that is aligned to our readers interests.
You will produce a variety of content which encourages conversations, enlightens and perhaps also offers some light entertainment and escapism in contrast to the news coverage at that time!
You will have a fantastic book of contacts and will be able to navigate different kinds of stories with ease - everything from real life chats, to celebrity interviews and consumer and health spreads.
Experience working within a national newspaper or magazine environment which is fast paced will be a benefit the successful candidate. Having the ability to multitask, be highly organised and able to produce content quickly whilst ensuring quality is not jeopardised is key.
This position is not location dependent.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers.
From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- To supply exclusive features for the Sunday Mirror/People, suitable for both the front and back of the book
- To generate features ideas for daily conference and at other times if requested, for example, for forward planning meetings.
- To originate these features from self-generated ideas and by speaking to freelancers, agencies, agents, PRs and other contacts.
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of current affairs and entertainment.
- To understand what makes a great feature in the Sunday Mirror/People and be fully aware of the content of our opposition.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will be a skilled writer who thinks outside of the box when it comes to content ideas which will resonate with our readers.
- Have the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively, and able to work at pace.
- You're black book of contracts will be brimming with contacts ranging from freelancers, agencies, agents, and PRs in order to scoop exclusive product releases, celebrity news and features which our readers will come to us for.
- You will be fully qualified with NCJT Diploma or equivalent, and have sound media legal knowledge.
- Flexible approach to working hours
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people.
This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application - click 'APPLY' now.