Stylist, Deputy Editor
To support the Executive Editor (Print) in producing the weekly magazine in both print and digital formats to the highest possible standard, within deadline and to budget.
To oversee sections of the magazine, manage department heads and ensure the unique Stylist tone and message is consistent throughout.
- To oversee and edit regular sections of the magazine and support the team throughout the production process.
- To manage heads of department working on those sections, to motivate and encourage the team, bringing any staffing issues to the attention of the Executive Editor where necessary.
- To work closely with the editorial team to ensure all deadlines are met and that copy and visuals are produced to the highest possible standard, always adhering to the Stylist vision, as agreed by the Editor-in-Chief.
- To generate timely, exciting ideas and initiate game-changing features, covers and visuals that continue to inspire and surprise readers.
- To support the Executive Editor with headlines, sells, coverlines, captions and concept cover ideas.
- To act-up in the Executive Editor’s absence.
- To support the Editor-in-Chief, Executive Editor (Print) and commercial teams where required to oversee brand extension projects and editorial campaigns.
- To write and commission features as required.
- To be a gatekeeper for the unique Stylist brand vision and tone, ensuring that all aspects of the magazine consistently deliver on this. Always adhering to the two combined objectives: life through a feminist lens and For Women Who Want More From Their World.
- To maintain a firm understanding of current affairs, culture and social trends and to work with teams to maintain detailed forward-planning lists.
- To maintain a large network of PR contacts and brand relationships, attending external meetings and events to represent the brand as required.
- To represent the Stylist brand as an ambassador or spokesperson in the wider media as required.
Click 'APPLY NOW' and send a covering email outlining why you are best suited to this role, plus your CV to Executive Editor (Print), Tracy Ramsden.
Deadline is 6pm, Monday 19 October 2020
Please note: We thank you in advance for any applications; only candidates invited for interview will be contacted. No Agencies please.