The Sun, Showbiz Reporter - Casual Shifts
We are: News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
Do you love celebrities, watching TV (and getting paid for it) and mingling with famous faces at showbiz parties? Are you obsessed with all things showbiz, Love Island and the soaps and can find your way from Roy's Rolls to the Rovers? Do you want to work for the UK's No1 showbiz team? Well, we're hiring!
The Sun's showbiz team is looking for a talented and passionate senior showbiz reporter (for full time casual shifts) to deliver exclusive entertainment news to our loyal audience who rely on us for all the daily gossip.
You will be working in a fast-paced and exciting environment at The Sun writing about the biggest TV shows, the world's most famous faces, interviewing showbiz stars on camera and reporting from red carpets, parties and press events.
You must have extensive experience working as a showbiz journalist or be working on a celebrity website, be brimming with new ideas, have a bulging contacts book and thrive working in an exciting, fast paced newsroom environment.
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
- Great showbiz exclusive stories in The Sun often set the showbiz agenda and we are easily the leading source of news for all showbiz, digitally and in the paper
- Holding interviews and covering events
- Contributing exclusive stories and ideas on a daily basis
- Recognising and acting upon any potential legal issues and acting in accordance with the IPSO Code of Conduct
- Keen attention to detail and meticulous fact-checking
- Consulting with the Showbiz Editor in order to resolve issues with stories and keeping line managers informed on changes that arise as stories develop
- Able to suggest new angles and feature ideas to news/features desks
- Help manage a desk of reporters and edit copy
- Must have and maintain a wide knowledge of showbiz and current affairs and trends through reading various titles as well as utilising other media platforms on a daily basis
- Encourage collaboration and support others, actively engaging with people in other teams
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
Key Skills and Experience:
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive can-do attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital
Click 'APPLY' now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.