Solar Media, Reporter
Solar Media is seeking a tenacious, self-starting journalist to join its editorial team as a reporter, working across our industry-leading international solar publishing portfolio.
Solar power is finding new ways to deliver energy around the world, lowering prices and dependence in rich countries and bringing affordable electricity to previously unconnected corners of the world.
PV Tech covers the entire industry from the latest scientific advances to boost the technology to the top-down politics that can colour the entire outlook in any given solar market. We’re looking for a senior reporter to join the editorial team on a permanent basis.
The role will include:
- Sourcing, researching and writing news stories and other pieces of content for our flagship site PV Tech;
- Contributing to the output of other titles in the Solar Media portfolio as required;
- Subbing and proofing of other journalists’ work, maintaining our impeccable grammatical and factual reputation;
- Generating and maintaining relationships with industry representatives and officials;
- Pitching, researching and writing editorial content across our portfolio as required;
- Managing regular deadlines according to requirements;
- Utilising our social media presence to broadcast news and updates to our readership;
- Representing the publications at industry events.
Essential experience and skills:
- At least one years’ reporting experience in B2B publishing, or have covered energy, technology or other relevant beats in an alternative medium;
- Impeccable grammar and editorial accuracy;
- A willingness and desire to work across numerous areas of coverage, developing comprehensive industry knowledge and a strong network of contacts.
- Experience in broadcast journalism, capable of recording and editing video and/or audio content;
- Fluent in a language other than English;
- Experience of finance or technology-led journalism.
Solar Media has been providing news, analysis and insight to the solar industry for a decade in print, online and in person at our portfolio of global events.
Our work is hugely respected by the industry we serve. You’ll develop your own beat and your own ideas with an emphasis on setting the news agenda for the industry.
We all work across multiple titles as and when required and our newest team member will be expected to do the same. We’re big enough to make a difference and small enough to be nimble, agile and open to executing your best ideas.
To apply for the role, please email Liam Stoker, editor in chief at Solar Media, by clicking 'APPLY NOW' and submitting a copy of your CV/resume and a covering letter detailing what makes you an ideal candidate.