The Sun, Head of Audience Development
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun is the biggest news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
The award-winning Audience Development Team is integral within The Sun. It includes Social Media, SEO, analysts who drive and develop the distribution of the Sun’s digital content and growth of our on and off-platform audience.
This team is key in shaping and executing the business, technological and editorial strategy.
Responsibility for the sustained digital growth of The Sun by defining and driving the Audience strategy within the larger business strategy.
Day to day:
- Strategic and day-to-day management of the Social, SEO, Community and Editorial Analytics teams to ensure maximum performance
- Working closely with editors to agree, develop, articulate and execute editorial strategy
- Manage and develop a network of key referrers along strategic guidelines of growing traffic, commercial revenue and customer revenue
- Working with General Manager to help shape business strategy based on user and content insight
- Work with the analytics teams to ensure the reporting needs of the newsroom are met
- Work with the Product and Technology teams to define, prioritise and manage execution of strategy, deliverables and business KPIs
What we’re looking for from you:
- Proven leader with track record of delivering global audience growth for a major publisher
- Excellent stakeholder-management skills
- Unflappable under pressure
- Comfortable with presenting at board level
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent understanding of digital distribution from content and technical perspectives
- Can demonstrate editorial ‘news-sense’ and can communicate effectively with journalists
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brands, both print and digital
Click 'APPLY' now.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.