Research Specialist, Dow Jones - NY
- Create searches for the query database used for both internal and external customers.
- Think out of the box when utilising research method tools, allowing customers to use the suite of products more effectively for their specific requirements
- Provide high level telephone and e-support to customers who require research assistance for the Dow Jones suite of products including advice on search strategies, indexing and content.
- Learn and use all internal tools to provide high level support to customers
- Encourage and increase product usage by up-selling users, liaising with sales account teams where necessary
- Track progress on outstanding incidents to ensure customers get accurate and timely updates and resolutions.
- Build strong relationships with Customer Service colleagues, Technical Support, Sales, Product, internal stakeholders, and customers
- Collaborate with Sales and prospects on projects that might bring new revenue to the company
- Help create searches and/or select content for special company projects
- Participate in activities to improve the overall Customer Experience such as mentoring, focus groups and miscellaneous training sessions
- Act as a subject matter expert in your area
- Strong research skills using Boolean connectors, proximity connectors, and taxonomy for the creation of queries
- Ability to analyze and understand customer requests/issues, conduct appropriate research, solve issues correctly in a timely manner, and evaluate that the results are relevant to the subject being studied
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service all at times and in all forms of communication with the ability to listen, empathize, and effectively handle challenging customers in a professional manner
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, maintaining the highest service delivery
- Ability to keep ahead of trends
- Technical aptitude with previous experience supporting applications in a web environment
- Understanding of customer needs and the ability to suggest Dow Jones products and services to existing as well as potential customers
- Team player to move the team toward completion of goals
- Ability to follow a large set of procedural guidelines and adjust to changes when required
- Positive outlook on change and a flexible approach to the work environment and structure
- MLS, former research experience, or Factiva expert search ability is desired
A clear and likely candidate has been selected for this position.
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities.
Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead.
More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.