Hotelier Middle East, Deputy Editor
ITP Media Group reaches an audience of more than 50.3 million people across the Middle East and beyond through its leading websites, portals, social media platforms, events, conferences, award ceremonies, magazines, books and social media influencers agency.
The region’s leading hospitality publications, Hotelier Middle East and Caterer Middle East, are looking for a dedicated, dynamic Deputy Editor to deliver market-leading products and content across its digital, print and social platforms.
- Support the Editor in the overall production, execution and management of Hotelier Middle East and Caterer Middle East’s digital, print, social, video and events products.
- Plan, write, commission, edit and proof content, overseeing flat planning and leading product press days, and making sure content is executed in line with Hotelier and Caterer’s editorial strategy.
- Work to ensure Hotelier and Caterer are first to break news within their brand verticals, quickly identifying emerging trends, hot topics and gathering exclusives from the industry.
- Create content that meets individual and team goals (e.g. engagement, traffic, conversion, time-on page, etc.).
- Work with a small, but talented editorial team to populate an editorial calendar. Keep it current, identifying commercial and audience opportunities within it and communicating them to other teams.
- Regularly post and create content, which may include sponsored or offer based content, to social media.
- Work with the video team to create successful video content relevant to your products.
- Support the sales team by generating content strategies and establishing good relationships with PRs.
- Embrace Hotelier and Caterer’s digital-first philosophy. A strong background in digital publishing is absolutely essential.
- Alongside the Editor, ensure Hotelier and Caterer’s editorial standards are met, all relevant copyrights have been cleared, content is optimised for SEO and content meets local and legal guidelines.
- Work with internal and/or external writers, producers, designers, photographers, videographers, illustrators, product managers, etc. to ensure content is live on deadline and on budget.
- Attend events outside of office hours.
- Drive the brands’ annual event and awards properties.
- Assume responsibilities of the Editor during periods of annual leave.
- Be driven by the prospect of one day becoming the Editor.
- Able to work creatively and efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Bursting with a wealth of ideas.
- Data driven and excited by analytics.
- Excellent grasp and understanding of SEO best practice.
- A demonstrable passion for and excellent knowledge of digital content creation.
- Highest standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience writing tight briefs for external contributors.
- The ability to write copy in line with highest digital editorial standards.
- A strong industry reputation. (desired)
- Flexibility and a professional approach at all times.
- Software: Adobe InDesign (essential); Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop (desirable).
- Education: Must be educated to degree level or equivalent industry qualification.
Being an ITP employee is an opportunity to be part of the largest content creation house in the region and provides the luxury of working with global brands and experienced industry leaders.
To ensure we invest in the development of our team, employees are given access to a variety of learning resources and exciting career development opportunities.
We believe in recognizing the passionate efforts of our team members. Our employees are rewarded by competitive tax-free remuneration, attractive bonus structure, medical insurance and a generous leave entitlement scheme that sees annual holiday entitlement grow as tenure with the company increases. ITP employees also enjoy a variety of staff offers at many local restaurants, salons, hotels and service providers.
Click 'APPLY' now.