The Sun, Deputy Digital Night Editor - Online
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun Online is Britain’s biggest mobile news brand - and still growing! - with a talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, and lifestyle.
To work as a crucial member of The Sun Online’s evening operation, editing where required and overseeing the publishing of stories throughout the evening to continue to build the thesun.co.uk audience.
Day to day:
- Work closely with the Digital Night Editor to manage both the building and presentation of newspaper stories and live publishing throughout the night.
- Edit the homepage as required, using analytics and experience to make our page shine.
- Step up to the role of Night Editor across the rota as required.
- Brief the team on which stories to build and how to present them, ensuring they are done as quickly as possible then checking and polishing.
- Provide feedback to the team about how to improve their quality of work.
- Help to train and develop the team.
- Working on a rota across 7 days.
- Fully aware of legal issues and the IPSO Editors’ Code of Practice.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Proven experience of production in a news publishing environment.
- Deep understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital.
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard.
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task.
- Always takes initiative in order to achieve desired results.
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
Click 'APPLY' now.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.