China Dialogue, Assistant Multimedia Editor
Contract type: Fixed Term contract until 30 May 2020
Start time: ASAP
China Dialogue Trust is looking for an assistant multimedia editor to join our London team. The ideal candidate will be an early career multimedia journalist or editor with a keen interest in environmental issues.
The assistant multimedia editor will need to be proactive, highly organised and self-motivated, with relevant experience, a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in their work.
Since its launch in 2006, China Dialogue (chinadialogue.net) has built a track record of disseminating high-quality information and promoting communication on environment and climate change in both English and Chinese.
We provide a space for open discussion, with the aim of informing and educating international and Chinese readers, and contributing to building equitable and constructive solutions to global environmental problems.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for China Dialogue Trust as a part of its dynamic and growing global editorial team.
- Experience in multimedia content production;
- Experience in web publishing, social media and use of CMS systems;
- Strong internal communication and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to establish and maintain a network of contacts;
- A commitment to the work of China Dialogue Trust;
- Proven interest in environment and climate change issues.
- Experience with mapping technologies such as Mapbox & ArcGIS
- Experience using the Adobe suite, especially Illustrator, Photoshop, and the basics of Premiere Pro
- Experience handling data and creating data visualisations
- Supporting the editorial teams, and in particular, the Multimedia Editor in preparing multimedia content for publication;
- Coordinating translation of content and editing translated content;
- Working with the Production Manager to prepare multimedia content for online publication, to coordinate over selection of related images and to plan article layouts in the content management system (CMS). Familiarity with WordPress preferred;
- Work with other editors, the Production Manager and the Social Media Officer to develop ideas for high quality visual elements, including charts, maps and videos, and work with freelance designers to deliver such elements when required.
How to apply:
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to send a CV with references, a covering letter and relevant clippings.
Applications should be submitted in English.
Application deadline: 9am, 30 October. Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis and early application is recommended.