Weekend / Centralized Desk Editor, Barron's Group - NY
5 days left
- Full Time
Barron's Group is looking for an editor with sharp news sense, expert editing and writing skills, and enthusiasm about serving a large and growing audience.
This editor will help manage timely and insightful coverage for Barron's Group publications, including Barron's and MarketWatch.
The editor will work closely with senior editors of each publication to monitor the flow of news; identify assignments; manage news planning; and edit, publish and promote articles.
This editor will ensure stories have engaging graphics, charts and photos. The position will require one weekend day shift.
- Edit and write news for Barron's Group publications; coordinate with assigning editors
- Monitor the flow of news and identify stories
- Oversee news planning, from execution of daily stories to medium- and long-range planning
- Manage special features such as newsletters and live stories
- Manage mobile and desktop home page, social media channels and push notifications
- Oversee weekend coverage
- Work across the newsroom to ensure the digital coverage meets standards from an editorial, visual and product standpoint
- Solid news judgment and a strong sense for what the biggest story is at any given moment
- Expertise in finance, markets, and business
- Strong editing, writing and rewrite skills
- Proven ability to grow audiences and knowledge of SEO best practices
- Ability to select and conceive visuals that tell stories and enhance the impact of stories
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities.
Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead.
More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.