ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR | Technology, Political
A tenacious, hardworking Associate Director is needed to join the Political team working on Technology clients of one of London’s leading global communications agencies.
Experience of leading teams, developing campaigns and policy positions and working with tech businesses is essential – an agency background is not.
They are looking for a super talented team member who can lead a range of UK and global clients, advise on political developments at a senior level, help clients to shape and respond to government policy proposals; develop communication strategies that showcase client best practice; support clients to communicate their positions to political stakeholders; commission research on client areas of interest.
With an integrated approach to servicing client needs, you would also have the opportunity to work alongside other agency disciplines as well as with the international network.
You’ll be joining a senior team, working with like-minded individuals who are able to move effortlessly across broad client sectors.
You also get great offices to work in, industry-leading benefits, lead on new business, run an international client base and have a well-resourced, collegiate working environment.
- Lead large and often integrated teams to deliver strategies that have impact for our clients
- Act as strategic counsel to senior clients
- Develop political campaign strategies that are rooted in business objectives
- Client servicing, profitability, forecasting and budgeting
- Growing existing client briefs and contributing to winning new business
- Lead on new business pitches and bringing teams together to win new work
- Generate new business leads through networks and proactive opportunity spotting
- Provide political insight and intelligence through political, media and industry networking
- Proactively contributing to and fostering a knowledge-sharing environment with clients and colleagues - seeking new insights, knowledge and expertise
- Ability to innovate on behalf of clients and the political team, challenging the status quo with new thinking, new product development, and new ways of working
- Playing a role in the management of the political team
- Talent management of junior colleagues
- Have trained many clients in what to say and do in front of a parliamentary select committee
- Demonstrable experience in managing client accounts
- Excellent understanding of local and national government
- Ability to shape and deliver strategic advice to senior level clients
- Experience of drafting media content, key messages and consultation material
- Able to manage and mentor junior staff
- Proven business development and ability to cultivate and convert new business leads
- An engaging self-starter with high attention to detail
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Seen as a credible ‘voice’ to both client and internal stakeholders alike
- Excellent networking skills
- Understanding of budgets and financial management
To apply for this exciting new challenge please send your CV by clicking 'APPLY NOW', or call 020 3397 7543 / 07929 008295