The Independent, Audience Lead - IndyBest
The Independent is looking for a dynamic and experienced audience specialist to grow the reach of the IndyBest platform, and help lead and influence editorial strategy and workflows.
The right candidate will be a highly organised self-starter, with a deep understanding of how to achieve online traffic growth while ensuring the title’s commercial success.
It is vitally important the right person for this job understands the nuances of online shopping, the rhythm of the retail calendar and has a genuine passion for lifestyle and ecommerce journalism.
This is a senior role effectively planning the output for the entire product.
The right person will be a decisive problem solver, with the ability and attitude to influence colleagues into positive and timely action.
Candidates with newsroom experience are preferred, but those with an understanding of audience analysis across multiple platforms from other sectors will be considered.
Key responsibilities and skills:
- Planning content for IndyBest.
- Optimise already live content and react to trends.
- Advise on publishing strategy and help lead on implementing best practice
- Complete understanding of all analytics platforms used to track the Independent and use them to map strategy and spot issues
- Act swiftly and vocally when issues arise
- Keep up to date with latest developments and best practice in the SEO industry by attending events and communicating learnings to wider team.
- Work closely with the data team and convey insights and recommendations to senior stakeholders.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of successfully working in a similar role at a similar title.
- Strong familiarity with the Independent and our coverage.
- Proven track record for increasing followers, engagement and traffic.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills required to manage the daily/weekly/monthly publishing flow of an editorial team.
- Experience strategising and developing ideas for long tail content.
- Experience collaborating with editors to grow and increase audience, both on site and across platforms.
- Proficiency in analysing complex issues and developing actionable insights and plans – using data from proprietary platform analytics (e.g. Facebook) and or third-party aggregate sources (e.g., CrowdTangle).
- Experience using SEO tools (e.g. Webmaster tools, SEMrush) and reporting and analytics tools (Omniture, Chartbeat).
- Ability to interpret data and make insightful recommendations.
- Skilled content creator.
- Ability to clearly communicate best practices.
- Expert knowledge of trends and tools for social media platforms.
- An understanding of the commercial risks and opportunities associated with audience growth.
- Experience of working in a dynamic fast-paced media environment.
- Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focussed way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
- Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
- Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
- Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
Click 'APPLY NOW'.