The Independent, Journalists / Production Journalists - IndyBest
The Independent is looking for talented journalists to join the title’s IndyBest platform. We are seeking both production journalists and reporters with experience in lifestyle or features content.
The successful candidates will have a genuine passion for lifestyle and ecommerce journalism, and understand how to create industry-leading and engaging shopping content that readers love and trust.
The right people will join a team of journalists who enjoy their work and have taken time to carve out niches and specialisms. The team are calm problem solvers, who take time to think creatively and how best to package our output.
Key responsibilities and skills:
- Writing or editing e-commerce journalism.
- Reviewing products.
- Attending product launches.
- Reaching out to Industry PRs.
- Coming up with new and interesting content ideas.
- Being a self-starter.
- Excellent written English.
- Journalism qualification.
- Spot opportunity and react in an agile manner.
- Work closely with key commercial colleagues.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of successfully working in a similar role at a similar title.
- Strong familiarity with the Independent and our coverage.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Skilled content creator.
- Ability to clearly communicate.
- Expert knowledge of trends.
- Experience of working in a dynamic fast-paced media environment.
- Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focussed way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
- Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
- Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
- Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
Click 'APPLY NOW'.