The Independent, Publisher - IndyBest
1 day left
- Full Time
The Independent is looking for a talented and experienced publisher to shape the growth of the title’s IndyBest platform.
The right candidate will be a highly organised and creative editor, with a deep understanding of how to achieve online traffic growth while ensuring the title’s commercial success.
The successful candidate will have a genuine passion for lifestyle and ecommerce journalism, and understand how to inspire a team to create industry-leading and engaging shopping content that readers love and trust.
The publisher must be a calm and decisive problem solver, with the ability and attitude to influence colleagues into positive and timely action.
Key responsibilities and skills:
- Leading an established and growing team of journalists.
- Liaising with the audience lead to ensure growth.
- Being the public face of the brand.
- Advise on publishing strategy and help lead on implementing best practice.
- Keep up to date with latest developments and best practice in the industry by attending events and communicating learnings to wider team.
- Work closely with the data team and convey insights and recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Spot opportunity and react in an agile manner.
- Work closely with key commercial colleagues.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of successfully working in a similar role at a similar title.
- Strong familiarity with the Independent and our coverage.
- Proven track record for increasing followers, engagement and traffic.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills required to manage the daily/weekly/monthly publishing flow of an editorial team.
- Experience strategising and developing ideas for long tail content.
- Experience collaborating with editors to grow and increase audience, both on site and across platforms.
- Proficiency in analysing complex issues and developing actionable insights and plans.
- Skilled content creator.
- Ability to clearly communicate best practices.
- Expert knowledge of trends.
- An understanding of the commercial risks and opportunities associated with audience growth.
- Experience of working in a dynamic fast-paced media environment.
- Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focussed way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
- Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
- Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
- Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
Click 'APPLY NOW'.