PinkNews, Social Editor
PinkNews is the world’s largest LGBT+ digital publisher. Our mission is to inform, inspire change and empower people to be themselves.
As we continue our website and news growth strategy during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond, we are looking for an Social Editor to work with our award-winning editorial team on audience engagement on site and across PinkNews’ owned and operated platforms, social channels and third-party partners. The role will report into our Web Editor and also develop and oversee the PinkNews SEO and syndication strategies.
As the Social Editor you will use data and analytics, social media and new platforms to help us attract, engage and keep new readers. This role will see you increase the amount of loyal PinkNews readers to our site and also help find new audiences by building new communities and using all the engagement and analytics tools available.
This is an exciting time to join our team where no two days are the same. Our small, hardworking team delivers breaking news, quality journalism and original content across all platforms to a global audience. We are dedicated to achieving global equality for LGBT+ people by informing, engaging and empowering our customers through award-winning content, live events and bespoke products and services.
- Mange social output for the web team including Facebook and Twitter
- Develop our SEO strategy, identifying immediate trends, long term planning and cultivating content articles in which we have authority
- Lead on our syndication strategy and relationships with external news platforms, identifying new partners and managing existing relationships including Apple News, MSN and Yahoo
- Work with the Web Editor and report on analytics to drive traffic and increase audience engagement
Skills and experience
- NCTJ or equivalent experience
- Excellent understanding of social media
- Strong writing skills
- Thorough understanding of SEO
- Relevant newsroom experience
- Demonstrable experience of using analytics tools to inform decisions
- A passion for LGBT+ content and a belief in equality for all
- Competitive salary £DoE
- 30 days’ annual leave including bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Great development opportunities
- Fun, hardworking, supportive and social (albeit currently remote!) team environment
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to submit a CV and cover letter with your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
PinkNews is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work.