Factal, Managing Editor
Factal is looking for an experienced and forward-thinking managing editor who believes in our unique mission to help protect people through comprehensive breaking news coverage.
In addition to leading our UK newsroom, this editor would collaborate frequently with our team in Seattle to plan coverage and build out our product, staff, strategies and goals for our UK team.
- Manage a London-based news team, defining editorial strategy and working with Seattle to ensure quality is consistent across teams
- Inspire editorial staff on projects and coverage, leading editors through challenging news stories and helping editors find their role within a larger team
- Attract and develop new editors, helping build a diverse, ambitious and dynamic newsroom, both in London and potentially abroad
- Run the logistical side of the London office, building schedules, setting staff meetings and ensuring the team is set up to succeed
The ideal candidate:
- Is a motivated and efficient leader, having worked as a manager or editorial lead in the past
- Is unafraid to take on challenges in a rapidly-growing newsroom
- Excels at real-time news judgment in a high-pressure environment
- Is organized and can juggle staff scheduling, meetings, brainstorms and news coverage
- Has a knack for finding and making sense of news events from social media
- Has experience using tools and techniques for verifying information
- Thrives in breaking news situations and can cope with stressful online content
- Will be available to work a flexible schedule in terms of days and hours
- Can understand more than one language (preferred but not required)
- Is a self-starter who works well with others in a startup environment
- Can communicate effectively with the product team
Factal pays competitively, and we offer equal employment opportunities to all candidates. Factal does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service or other non-merit factor.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you! Click 'APPLY NOW'.