Hearst UK, Deputy Chief Sub-Editor - Lifestyle | FTC
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join our Lifestyle Team as our new Deputy Chief Sub-Editor to start the next chapter in your career. This role is a fixed term contract until the end of March 2021.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living.
We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will work across Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima, editing copy to a high standard and making sure the articles are presented in a style and tone fitting with the relevant brand within the Lifestyle Group. You will also support and deputise for the Chief Sub-Editor.
Other duties include:
- Assist the Chief Sub-Editors with sub-editing, holding regular production catch-up meetings and ensuring copy goes through the production system as efficiently as possible to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Edit copy and layouts to a high standard in accordance with the style of each brand in the Lifestyle Group.
- Write headlines, standfirsts, picture captions and cross-heads and incorporate editor’s corrections.
- Obtain client/writer approval and liaise with the legal department to ensure all pages are safe legally.
- Send pages to press and approve proofs.
- Assist the Chief Sub-Editors in creating and adapting flatplans.
- Lead the subs team on some editorial supplements.
- Knowledge of InDesign and CMS (Censhare preferable)
- A keen attention to detail
- Able to understand the style and voice of each brand within the Lifestyle Group
- An ability to work accurately and prioritise copy and layouts while meeting deadlines and being aware of the schedule.
- Sound legal knowledge
Click 'APPLY' now.
Closing date for applications: 2 November 2020.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Summer working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!