Hearst UK, Sub-Editor - Lifestyle | FTC
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join our Lifestyle Team as our new Sub-Editor to start the next chapter in your career. This role is a fixed term contract until the end of March 2021.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living.
We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas.
We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will work across Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima, subbing copy to a high standard and making sure the articles are presented in a style and tone fitting with the relevant brand within the Lifestyle Group.
- Sub-edit copy to a consistently high standard, editing copy to fit, and providing captions, heads, sells and pull quotes in keeping with the style of the relevant brand.
- Be a meticulous checker of facts and details and to be relentless in the pursuit of obtaining accurate information.
- Rewrite copy where necessary, improving the flow, questioning what is missing or seems incorrect and filling in any gaps to improve clarity for the reader.
- Check that pictures work with the copy and are correctly credited.
- Work closely with all departments – including editorial, advertising and marketing – to ensure that the work flows smoothly and to deadline.
- Manage advertorials, subscription pages and newsletters through the production process. from conception to completion.
- Be familiar with the schedules, deadlines and production processes.
- Take a keen interest in taking on responsibility and assist the Chief Sub/Deputy Chief Sub at busy times.
- Demonstrable experience working as a Sub-Editor
- First-class command of the English language
- Solid knowledge of InDesign and experience working with CMS
- Meticulous and organised
- Excellent team player yet able to work independently
- Proactive personality
- Good interpersonal/interdepartmental skills
- To be aware of deadlines
- Able to use and act on own Initiative
Click 'APPLY' now.
Closing date for applications: 2 November 2020.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Summer working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!