Infopro Digital, Data Journalist
Infopro Digital is global digital information, research and events business serving the global risk, financial technology and insurance markets.
It's home to a series of market-leading busines-to-business media branks including Risk.net, Central Banking,and WatersTechnology.
Our content is read by business heads, traders, risk managers and compliance and operations professionals at major financial firms, and by regulators and policy makers worldwide.
Infopro Digital is seeking a journalist to join its expanding data team.
The successful candidate will develop and produce content for both Risk Quantum, Risk.net's data-driven news and analysis section, and The Central Banking Benchmarking Service, a new service that provides expert commentary, interactive charting and analyst access across 12 core areas of central banking.
The ideal candidate will have good knowledge of financial markets and the ability to spot interesting stories in data, as well as some familiarity with charting tools such as Infogram, as well as Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and other data management packages. Promising candidates without a finance background will be considered.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Produce daily articles using data published in multiple structured and unstructured formats on central banks, commercial banks, insurers, funds and derivatives markets
- Produce accurate, well-researched copy in house style
- Produce data visualisations and infographics that capture the essence of each article
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in financial products, markets and central banks
- Work closely with team members and support the wider editorial staff on their projects
- Contribute to identifying new data sources and developing new coverage areas
- Be punctual, organised and professional in all aspects of the role
- Adhere to the highest standards of journalistic ethics and integrity
- Knowledge of the banking sector and financial markets
- Ability to produce high-impact stories using data-driven tools
- Demonstrated experience using tools such as spreadsheets for acquiring and analysing data
- Ability to extract information from structured and unstructured data in public filings, regulatory reports, industry papers and transcriptions
- Ability to produce accurate, engaging and analytical copy to a high-quality standard and in accordance with house style
- Fluent written and spoken English is imperative
- High level of organisation, time management and attention to detail
- Willingness to take full ownership of editorial beat
- Able to act as an ambassador for the company and its publications, maintaining high standards of integrity and ethics
- A team player inclined to work towards group objectives
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people, we operate a culture where success is recognised.
You will be supported throughout your career tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on-the-job training.
Based in a fantastic location in the city of London’s Aldgate area, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
- 25 days annual leave (rising up to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonusly employee recognition
- Employee discount scheme
- Eye-care Vouchers
- Vodafone employee advantage scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan (STL)
- Discounted gym membership
Annual Flex Benefits
- Income protection
- Additional life assurance
- Bike to work
- Buying holiday
- Dental insurance
- Add partner to gym membership
- Health screening
- Private medical insurance
And many more!
Infopro Digital also runs The Foundation which supports a number of charities. Staff can volunteer to contribute their skills and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the lives of others
Click 'APPLY' now.