Daily Mirror, Assistant Chief Sub-Editor
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Chief Sub-Editor where you will be responsible for producing news and feature pages for the Daily Mirror.
As Assistant Chief Sub-Editor you will have already spent several years working on national newspapers and will have achieved and shown proficiency in sub-editing.
The role is extremely busy and varied, with the Assistant Chief Sub-Editor organising and checking multiple stories and pages at the same time in order to meet deadlines. Must be comfortable working under pressure to deliver results.
So who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it.
We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Distribution of subbing work to sub-editors
- Overseeing the progress and production of pages for the Star
- Managing changes to stories and pages as news events unfold
- Checking the work of sub-editors, revising and improving subbed copy and headlines
- Hitting deadlines while ensuring copy and pages are accurate and error-free
- Ensuring copy is legally sound and adheres to IPSO and company policies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to quickly and effectively check headlines and copy and be able to decide if improvements need to be made
- Ability to manage workflow on a number of pages and stories concurrently
- Effectively manage a number of sub-editors working on different stories
- Manage changes to pages and stories as news events unfold, and liaising effectively with subbing staff over these changes.
- Strong IT skills - Apple Mac, Contentwatch, InDesign, InCopy
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Click 'APPLY' now.