Mail+, Audience Engagement Editor
Based in the Mail+ newsroom, you will work with the Mail+’s audience team and wider editorial staff to lead on the newsletter strategy, as well as with department heads to develop other engagement channels such as social media.
In addition to growing Mail+’s loyal audience online, you will also assist with reaching audience growth targets.
A key member of Mail+’s editorial team, you will have strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate closely with reporters and section editors.
This is a great opportunity for a journalist with an audience development background to join a thriving, profitable publishing operation at an exciting time of rapid development.
- Own audience engagement in Mail+’s newsroom, providing regular feedback to Editorial and management
- Work with senior editorial executives to influence Mail+’s future digital publishing strategy.
- Be a prominent voice in the editorial team, evangelising for audience engagement in the newsroom.
- Own Mail+’s newsletter strategy and work with journalists across the floor to develop the suite of newsletters to help grow our loyal audience and increase returning visits.
- Work with the company’s product team to optimise newsletters for user experience, including the use of A/B testing.
- Liaise with the company's marketing team on marketing plans to promote relevant newsletters. Liaise with the company’s commercial team to explore potential sponsorship of newsletters.
- Provide a feedback loop to section heads on their newsletters, re-evaluating the content, design and layout, based on data and audience insights.
- Oversee the strategy for Mail+’s social media. Monitor and make recommendations on the best course of action to maximise opportunities for loyalty.
- Own Mail+’s relationships with audience tools and third-party platforms to encourage audience growth and engagement.
- Work with the data team to interrogate data, ensuring relevant dashboards and reports are in place to assist journalists.
- Assist management in delivering audience goals, helping with data modelling where required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of launching and growing digital editorial products, including newsletters.
- Experience of working for a news publisher in a breaking news environment.
- Understanding of user behaviour around newsletters and loyalty products.
- Understanding of data and analytics, especially around loyalty metrics.
- Understanding of GDPR.
- Command of libel law, understanding of and compliance with Editors’ Code of Practice and IPSO regulations.
- NCTJ (or similar) standard qualification.
Critical Skills and Competencies:
- High standard of written English.
- Ability to work with other teams effectively under pressure.
- Self starter and problem solver with strong organisational skills.
- Team player willing to take initiative and work proactively.
- Understanding of what makes news stories interesting to our readers.
Click 'APPLY' now.
Closing Date: 9 November 2020