The Sun, Deputy Head of Audience - Online
2 days left
- Full Time
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun is the biggest news brand in the UK, with a talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
The award-winning Audience Development team is integral within The Sun. It includes Social Media, SEO, analysts who drive and develop the distribution of the Sun’s digital content and growth of our on and off-platform audience. This team is key in shaping and executing the business, technological and editorial strategy.
The Sun is looking for an experienced Deputy Head of Audience, to help run the Audience department. Using short-term tactics and long-term strategy, they will play a major role in the sustained digital growth of The Sun, implementing the Audience strategy as part of the wider business strategy.
Day to day you will:
- With the Head of Audience, share responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Social, SEO, Community and Editorial Analytics teams to ensure optimal performance. Run the Audience department in the Head of Audience’s absence
- Lead audience projects, strategies and investigations
- Work closely with editors to develop and execute editorial strategy - including editorial planning
- Manage and develop a network of key referrers along strategic guidelines of growing traffic, commercial revenue and customer revenue
- Work with the analytics teams to ensure the reporting needs of the newsroom are met
What we’re looking from you:
- Proven leader with track record of delivering global audience growth for a major publisher
- Excellent understanding of Social, SEO and analytics - with experience of both strategy and practical implementation
- Excellent understanding of digital distribution from content and technical perspectives
- Excellent stakeholder-management skills - internal and external
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate editorial ‘news-sense’ and can communicate effectively with journalists
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brands, both print and digital
Click 'APPLY' now.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.