CAMFED, Stewardship Officer
Reporting to: Director of Development
Hours: Monday – Friday 09:00 until 17:30 (37.5hrs per week)
Start Date: ASAP
CAMFED (Campaign for Female Education) is an international non-profit organisation tackling poverty and inequality by supporting marginalised girls to go to school and succeed, and empowering young women to step up as leaders of change.
Since 1993, CAMFED’s innovative education programmes in Zimbabwe, Zambia, Ghana, Tanzania and Malawi have directly supported more than 4 million students to attend primary and secondary school.
As CAMFED launches its ambitious five-year strategic plan, the new role of Stewardship Officer in the fundraising team is a unique opportunity for a talented writer who shares our vision for a more equitable world.
CAMFED has a passionate, committed donor community and the post holder will play a critical role in maintaining their engagement in the visionary plans and ambitions as an organisation.
The Stewardship Officer will be a motivated individual with excellent writing skills, experience of writing for professional audiences, and a willingness to learn about our world class development model.
- Prepare accurate, timely and compelling written reports for a variety of philanthropic donors including HNWIs, Trusts, Foundations and Corporations, working collaboratively with colleagues across functions to source and assimilate information.
- Track and monitor donor deliverables across a variety of funded projects to ensure compliance with partnership terms and conditions, liaising closely with colleagues internationally and across functions to support work planning and management.
- Work with CAMFED’s designer to co-develop templates for philanthropic reporting in support of fundraisers across CAMFED’s international offices.
- Draw on resources and information developed by the Communications and Development Operations teams to enhance and update reports and to ensure consistency in the articulation of CAMFED’s goals and programmes.
- Contribute to information sharing within CAMFED.
- Keep abreast of up-to-date information on donor policy towards Africa and country contextual information.
- Maintain accurate data records in Salesforce.
- Upholding GDPR regulations, CAMFED’s protocols and best practice in donor management at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Would suit a copywriter, journalist or publisher with a proven track record
- Keen awareness of CAMFED’s diversity and inclusivity agenda
- Commitment and passion for CAMFED’s values, mission and vision
- Effective team-working skills
- Proactive, ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise a busy workload
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to send your CV together with a covering letter explaining the reasons why you have applied for the role, including your salary expectations, and reference ‘Stewardship Officer’, by 9am Monday 23 November 2020.
Please note due to the volume of responses only successful candidates will be contacted. No agencies or marketing sales please.