The Sunday Times Ireland, Deputy Business Editor (Dublin)
6 days left
- Full Time
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun,The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
Your role: Deputy Business Editor
The Sunday Times Ireland, Ireland's leading quality newspaper is looking for a Deputy Business Editor. This is a rare opportunity for the right applicant to join the award winning Sunday Times Ireland business team - with a focus on driving exclusive content.
Day to day:
- You will help develop The Sunday Times Business desk and improve the quality and quantity of our original content
- Manage and run reporters on the ground going after the biggest stories of the day, as well as seeing tips through to finished stories
- Help train and develop our talented young reporters and get the most out of them
- Assist the business editor with management of the team
- Lead the business team when required
What we're looking at from you:
- Experience working at a national news-desk level with a track record of delivering exclusives
- Experience of running multiple reporters on the ground at once
- Knowledge and experience in recognised search tools
- Experienced in leading news operations on occasion
- A flair and an ability to spot the hidden potential in stories
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the The Sunday Times brand, both print and digital
Please click 'APPLY' and submit a CV and a covering letter by 6 December 2020.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour,nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.