Scottish Daily Mail, News Sub-Editor
6 days left
- Full Time
The Scottish Daily Mail is seeking applications for the role of News Sub-Editor. The successful candidate should have proven editorial skills and be able to show initiative in handling all types of copy with minimal supervision. The ability to write crisp headlines and quickly and accurately sub copy are essential.
You will work as part of a team at the Scottish Daily Mail’s office in Glasgow. You will mainly be handling news copy, though will also be called upon to sub features and Op-ed articles. A knowledge of Scotland, its culture and politics would be useful.
Minimum qualifications, skills and experience include:
- A proven track record for accuracy and attention to detail
- A flair for the ‘look’ of stories on the page, including headlines, captions, graphics and pictures.
- Be capable of re-writing copy and captions to a high standard.
- A proven aptitude for interpreting instructions from senior colleagues
- Ability to build relationships with news desk and reporters, liaising with them to address queries on stories.
- Experience with InCopy and InDesign
- Experience in different styles of sub-editing and working across different sections.
- A quick learner, able to adapt to new tasks and take on new roles when required
- Proven experience on a national newspaper
In addition to a competitive salary package, staff benefits are also included.
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to send an up-to-date CV, a note about yourself and why you’d be perfect for the team. Any applications received without a CV will not be considered.