Craft Gin Club, Writer / Editor - Magazine | 8 Month FTC
Starting January 2021
We’re Craft Gin Club - a Sunday Times Fast Track 100 UK startup and the world’s biggest gin subscription service.
Ever since our founders pitched successfully on Dragons’ Den, we’ve been hard at work, scouting the country - and the globe! - to find the world's finest small-batch gins. Every month, we send our members a surprise box packed with craft gins, mixers, foodie treats and a copy of GINNED!, our glossy club magazine.
Delivered directly to the homes of over 45,000 gin lovers on a monthly basis, our magazine plays a fundamental role in our members’ experience, building context and coherence around the contents of our Gin of the Month boxes, telling the stories behind our hand-selected spirits, helping our readers discover new cocktail and food recipes, and more.
Reporting directly to our Head of Content, you will work closely with our Deputy Editor and in-house design, commercial and marketing teams to produce written content for our monthly members’ magazine.
You will have at least five years’ experience working in the print publishing space, and will be comfortable working independently to produce high-quality features and accurate copy to brief and in the house style.
We’re looking for someone bursting with exciting ideas and the confidence to execute them to tight deadlines.
With a strong track record of producing accessible, entertaining and educational lifestyle content, preferably in the food and drink space, you’ll also be a dab hand at crafting sponsored content that engages our readers and feels like a natural fit for our brand.
As well as a CV, we would love to see examples of your work to date, be they print publications you’ve edited or articles you’ve written.
Your key responsibilities:
- Research and write a range of editorial features and sponsored content, including interviews with industry experts and commercial partners
- Proof and sub-edit other team members’ work
- Work closely with our Client Success Manager to produce compelling, high-quality advertorials that get results for clients and engage our readers
- Work closely with the wider content and marketing teams to drive awareness of club news, brand innovations, membership perks, shop releases and online content through magazine features
What we’re looking for:
- Impeccable written communication and editing skills
- Experience producing both sponsored content and editorial lifestyle features, ideally in the food and drink space
- Meticulous attention to detail and experience working to tight deadlines
- Experience working across teams and with external contributors, including commercial partners
- A natural-born storyteller, with the ability to combine disparate strands of narrative into a compelling theme or story
- An understanding of our core audience and the content types that will engage, inspire and entertain them
- Highly organised
- A collaborative work style, able to handle multiple and changing priorities
- An abundance of creativity and ideas
- An interest in and enthusiasm for the drinks industry (a love of gin in particular is always a bonus!)
- Central London location (Fitzrovia) > Remote working for now
- Pension scheme, 25 days annual leave
- Dynamic working environment in our small and dedicated team
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly gin tasting
- Free Gin of the Month box every month
Click 'APPLY NOW'.