Cosmopolitan, Deputy Chief Sub-Editor - 3 Month FTC
7 days left
- Full Time
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as Cosmopolitan’s Deputy Chief Sub-Editor to start the next chapter in your career. This role is a fixed three-month contract, beginning in January 2021.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living.
We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
Cosmopolitan is the biggest young women’s magazine media brand in the UK, with a friendly, ambitious and self-motivated team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will work predominantly on Cosmopolitan’s print magazine, editing copy and layouts to the highest standard, with an emphasis on accuracy, tone and legality. You will also support and deputise for the Chief Sub-Editor.
Other duties include:
- Ensuring copy and layouts go through the production system as efficiently as possible, liaising with team members to ensure deadlines are met.
- Helping the Chief Sub-Editor in sending pages to press and approving proofs.
- Writing headlines, standfirsts, picture captions and crossheads, and incorporating editors’ corrections.
- Obtaining client/writer approval where necessary and liaising with the legal department to ensure all pages are safe legally.
- Subbing one-off projects and presentations from the marketing, advertising and management teams, when necessary.
- Knowledge of InDesign and CMS (Censhare preferable).
- Experience as a Senior Sub-Editor or Deputy Chief-Editor (preferably on a young women’s or lifestyle brand, but not essential).
- A keen attention to detail.
- Meticulously well-organised.
- An ability to work accurately under pressure and prioritise, while meeting deadlines and being aware of the schedule.
- Sound legal knowledge.
- An understanding of Cosmopolitan’s tone of voice.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 5 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Summer working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here. Click 'APPLY' now.