Undercurrent News, Editor
Global business news site seeks editor
Undercurrent News, a subscription-driven news provider covering the dynamic global seafood sector, is looking for an editor to oversee its reporting team.
The editor will report to the editorial director and co-founder of the company and will manage a team of seven, with five staff in Europe and two in the US. The position will ultimately be based in the company's London office, although it will begin remotely.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have at least two years of editing and management experience in a dynamic, online, business news environment, having previously worked as a reporter. Experience in price reporting, data, and Excel will also be beneficial.
We are looking for someone who has a proven track record of successfully managing an editorial team, is very organized, deadline focussed and calm under pressure. An acute eye for detail is essential. A positive, enterprising, can-do attitude is also a must.
The editor will be involved in managing the production of in-depth reports on the top companies in the sector, mergers and acquisitions, and other topics. In addition, the editor will assist in the launch of a podcast and the development of the company’s webinars.
The primary functions of the job will be:
- Implement strategy and direction set by editorial director
- Edit original stories, as well as press releases, earnings reports, and other incoming copy
- Write sector roundups for various weekly newsletters
- Manage the team's day-to-day operations and ensuring all daily deadlines are met
- Oversee and manage the production of industry reports
- Ensure copy is edited and formatted in line with style guide
- Oversee and coordinate team schedule and cover, including travel or leave days
- Liaise with commercial and product teams
- Assist with the organization of podcasts and webinars
Click 'APPLY NOW'.