Breaking Media, Journalist Football Writer
Breaking Media, a fast-growing UK publisher with a select network of sports sites, is looking for multiple talented, dynamic and dedicated football writers to join its growing team.
Suitable candidates will currently be working as journalists on well-established websites or have graduated with a journalism degree or NCTJ qualification.
Applicants must be passionate about football, able to deliver vibrant, clean copy to exacting deadlines and have a strong news sense and ability to sell content in an extremely competitive field.
- A broad knowledge of football, including Premier League (essential), Championship and Scottish Premiership
- Ability to work self-sufficiently, generate own football stories and write engaging and error-free copy to tight deadlines
- Ability to digest information from multiple sources and turn it into an engaging piece
- Ability to conduct interviews with pundits and former top-class footballers
- The role is largely written, but an ability to contribute and produce engaging video and audio is important
- Excellent knowledge of Rangers, West Ham, Everton, Leeds United, Celtic and West Brom is especially desirable, and applications from bloggers and fans of these clubs with a journalism background are encouraged
Previous digital experience is desirable, but not essential, as full training will be provided.
The above list is not exhaustive and constantly evolving, based on the needs of the business. Out of hours availability and a high level of adaptability are essential.
This is a full-time position that will be based at home.
Standard shifts are five days a week, including weekend work, with starting times staggered through the day for around-the-clock publication times.
You may be asked to participate in a short trial to make sure both sides are happy, before being offered a full-time, paid contract.
Please click 'APPLY NOW' and send an up-to-date CV, a cover note about yourself and why you’d be perfect for the team.