The Sun, Sport Head of Audience - Online
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun’s award-winning Audience Development Team is an integral part of Sun Online, the UK’s biggest digital newsbrand. Its work includes social media, SEO, audience analytics, and all other areas involving the distribution of the Sun’s content.
It aims to grow our on and off-platform audience, and increase engagement and loyalty. The team is key in implementing the business-wide strategy to meet targets, and will continue to grow to incorporate new skills and responsibilities.
We’re looking for a Sport Head of Audience to join our team that sits at the core of Sun Sport’s publishing operation.
Using short-term tactics and long-term strategy, they will play a major role in the sustained digital growth of Sun Sport, implementing the Audience strategy as part of the wider business strategy.
Day to day:
- Day-to-day management of the Sun Sport Social and SEO teams to ensure optimal performance
- Lead Sun Sport audience projects, strategies and investigations
- Work closely with Sun Sport editors to develop and execute editorial strategy - including editorial planning
- Manage and develop a network of key referrers along strategic guidelines of growing traffic, commercial revenue and customer revenue
- Work with the analytics teams to ensure the reporting needs of the department are met
- Make sure we have clear, detailed SEO & social plans for known sporting events based on data
- Use a range of analytics tools to report regularly on top pages/articles driving traffic
- Monitor trending data for department suggestions and pass to editors
- Represent the department at editorial conferences, reporting on key search and social trends
What we’re looking for from you:
- Track record of delivering audience growth for a major publisher
- Excellent understanding of social media, SEO and analytics - with experience of both strategy and practical implementation
- Excellent understanding of digital distribution from content and technical perspectives
- Experience driving social and SEO traffic around big events based on planning and analysis
- Excellent stakeholder-management skills - internal and external
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brands, both print and digital
Click 'APPLY' now.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.