Real Response Media, Staff Writer
Start date: 5 January 2021
This is an exciting opportunity to join the editorial team at Real Response Media, a rapidly expanding London-based media company specialising in the cruise, aviation and travel sectors.
Reporting directly to the Brand Editor of World of Cruising, the Staff Writer will fulfil a key and varied role in the editorial team working on the company’s core cruise titles, World of Cruising and Cruise Trade News.
The primary focus for the Staff Writer will be working on the company’s B2C cruise title, World of Cruising, producing feature articles, profile pieces and news pages for both the print magazine and website.
The Staff Writer’s secondary focus will be producing content for the company’s monthly B2B title, Cruise Trade News, and assisting the editor with ad hoc duties.
There is also a strong digital track to this role as the position holder is responsible for World of Cruising’s social media presence across Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, as well as writing and uploading content to the World of Cruising website. Travel will also be part of the role.
Your key responsibilities:
World of Cruising:
- Research and write features and news pages for the print magazine, including interviews and advertorials
- Working on the day-to-day content management of the website, identifying and writing stories that will drive traffic to the website
- To help manage the World of Cruising social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- To work closely with cruise and travel PRs to create compelling content for the brand
- To work on additional projects for the brand, including events and a portfolio of supplements, advertorials, newsletters, and assets that build and support the brand
- To work with the Art Director on layouts for the magazine and website, and come up with ideas to improve the layout and overall flow
- To attend events on behalf of World of Cruising and Cruise Trade News, and source quotes/stories when at events (when applicable)
Cruise Trade News:
- To write features for print magazine/supplements, including online news articles
- To help manage the Cruise Trade News social media channels
- To suggest features ideas for print magazine and supplements, including ideas on improving the design and overall flow of the magazine
- To help the Editor with production, subbing and proofreading duties before press
What we’re looking for from you:
- A strong track record of producing lifestyle content, preferably in the travel space
- Ability to independently identify exclusives and original feature ideas
- Impeccable written communication and editing skills
- Experience using content management systems, preferably Craft and/or Wordpress
- An understanding of SEO, social audiences and how to create traffic-driving content
- Unflappable under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail and experience working to tight deadlines
- A collaborative work style, able to handle multiple and changing priorities
- An abundance of creativity and ideas
- An interest in and enthusiasm for the cruise and travel industries
Click 'APPLY NOW'.