Muddy Stilettos, Editors - Herts / Beds & Cambs / Suffolk | Part Time
Part time, 3 days per week
This is a great opportunity to join the award-winning lifestyle platform Muddy Stilettos, with two regional Editor roles available –
- a four month fixed contract as the Editor of Herts / Beds, to start Jan 2021
- maternity cover (6-12 months) as Editor of Cambs / Suffolk, to start March 2021
Muddy Stilettos is the UK's biggest digital site for ABC1 affluent, cosmopolitan women outside London looking to make the most of their free time.
Under one brand with a single editor-in-chief, Muddy Stilettos is a network of national journalists across 25 counties who spend their time unearthing the new, brilliant, unique and exciting in the counties where they live.
We are now looking for two dynamic, experienced editors to aggressively drive readership in the two key counties of Herts / Beds and Cambs / Suffolk.
This is an incredible opportunity to join an ambitious, fun company, and also experience the best of what these counties offer. The ideal candidates are warm and witty editors with an eye for a clickable story and an innate understanding of who the Muddy reader is, and what she wants to read.
- You will have an ongoing working relationship with the Founder of Muddy Stilettos, who will work with you on perfecting your content, style and tone of voice for the Muddy reader
- You will work closely with the regional and HQ commercial team to develop income via the core ‘Muddy’ channels
- Writing and editing your Muddy county site, posting features regularly and growing readership
- Working with Muddy Stilettos’ Editor-in-Chief and regional commercial team member to maximise commercial opportunities in the county
- Researching and curating content pieces as necessary
- Forward-planning features and working to a shared flat plan
- Editing the site to make it the must-read insider guide in the county
- Building/nurturing your readership on twitter/FB/IG
- Producing compelling email newsletters for your Muddy county site subscribers
- Staying in the know about the latest news, products and shops
- Representing the Muddy Stilettos brand in the region
- Urbane, cosmopolitan with great taste
- Charming, fun and unpretentious – you can get along with everyone
- Motivated and organised
- Positive, energetic and enthusiastic
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- A team player
- You must live in the region where you would like to be Editor
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Brilliant writing - accessible, witty, down-to-earth
- An understanding of how PRs, magazines, sponsorship and advertising work
- Journalists, PRs and writers are all ideal candidates – national experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of Wordpress is ideal
- Working knowledge of social platforms is essential
- Experience of living in a large city would be useful
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to apply to the Editor, Muddy Stilettos, by sending your CV and examples of your work, and which position you are interested in.