Reach Solutions, Digital Commercial Writer - 3 Month FTC (Homeworking)
Reach Solutions is looking for a Digital Commercial Writer to join their team on a 3 month FTC.
As a Digital Commercial Writer you will play a key part within the Invention team at Reach Solutions - conceiving, creating and distributing digital content across all our branded content campaigns.
We are looking for a creative writer who has experience creating/building content for news publishers. Experience of writing advertorials as part of commercial campaigns would also be preferable.
This position will be home based and can be based within the UK.
So, who are we?
Reach Solutions is part of Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers.
From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
So where does Reach Solutions sit inbetween this? Well we are the commercial arm to the Reach group which allows us offer an unprecedented and unique edge to our competitors, when offering digital and print advertising solutions to iconic brands throughout the UK.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
- Writing and building digital advertorials on Reach's many different sites, for a wide variety of clients with different requirements and needs
- Helping construct digital content plans for clients in response to specific briefs
- Creating content with specific KPIs in mind, ensuring that whatever we create will deliver on campaign KPIs
- Assisting with distribution of content across various platforms (e.g. social)
- To ensure Reach USPs/brands are fundamental and at the centre of all client campaigns
- Ensure all content is fully compliant with rules and ASA guidelines relating to branded content; e.g. labelling
- Monitor and follow all major Reach sites carefully to understand tone and editorial strategy, ensuring all branded content will feel as native as possible
- Always considers our customer strategy when devising content plans and works closely with relevant teams within the business to ensure that we are delivering on this.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent writing skills, with ability to write fluently about a variety of subjects and adapt tone of voice for different briefs and titles
- A strong communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Proactive independent, highly motivated self-starter with an eye for detail
- Analytical skills, with the ability to identify trends, troubleshoot, and make recommendations
- Experience of writing/creating digital content for major news publishers
- Experience of working within a variety of content management systems
- Experience and understanding of the wider media industry including competitor media owners and the ability to utilise this knowledge to give Reach an advantage
- Strong working knowledge of Digital, National and Regional Press media (and the Reach portfolio)
- Strong working knowledge of the various media and social platforms outside of the Reach portfolio (eg Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, etc) and how to distribute content across the social ecosystem
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- and lots of high street discounts!
Click 'APPLY' now.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.