Markets Reporter, MarketWatch - NY
5 days left
- Full Time
MarketWatch seeks a reporter who can distill the moves and whims of the market into smart, punchy news stories and analysis.
Though speed is important here, we're most interested in candidates who can make the smart connections others miss, spotting trends, insights, and longer-term implications that will give our audience of investors and advisers the information they need to make both sense of the news and make smarter decisions.
The candidate will be required to write daily columns, cover spot news, bang out short pulses, as well as deeper dives. This reporter needs the ability to explain complex market analysis in a way that engages readers on our site and across other platforms.
- monitoring all major financial markets, spotting trends and integrating into sharp, readable copy
- writing headlines and news "pulses" under real-time deadlines
- be in regular contact with traders, analysts, strategists and economists
- writing markets enterprise stories and features
- breaking out short news items into full stories
- illustrating moves in markets with easy to read charts and graphs
- Candidates must have a working understanding of stock and bond markets, as well as currencies and other assets.
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment and be able to interact easily with to work closely with a team of motivated reporters across all of our bureaus.
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities.
Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead.
More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.