MyLondon, Content Editor
Do you want to play a leading role in one of the most exciting developments in local journalism for a long time? MyLondon could be the place for you.
We're hiring more than 20 new journalists to MyLondon as we seek to play a bigger part in the lives of Londoners across the city.
Among the people we're looking for is a self-starter content editor, who can help inspire and lead reporters day in, day out.
In this role, you'll help choose the stories we need to be covering, and working with reporters to make sure we tell stories in a way which engages readers.
We want fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to lead our teams to deliver the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content - and change local journalism for good.
What will the role involve
- You will be supporting content desks and working with editors across the region where appropriate
- You will look after the continued development of team members, including our Reach Boost apprentices, supporting them to reach their full potential
- Publishing content online
- Managing home pages and audience engagement channels (social, newsletters etc) as and when required
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
- You will have a deep knowledge of media law and IPSO code of practice
- We want you to have a passion for digital storytelling in local communities
- You will have social media and SEO experience
- You will have strong knowledge of the local area, you'll know what matters to the people that live there
- You will be NCTJ qualified or equivalent
- A driving licence in preferable
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary benefits including:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- and lots of high street discounts!
So, who are we?
MyLondon is part of Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers.
From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
Click 'APPLY' now. Applications will be reviewed during the advertising period. Please do not be concerned if you do not hear from us immediately, we are processing your application and will be in touch in due course.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.