Metro.co.uk, SEO Reporter - 12 Month FTC
Are you obsessed with SEO? Are you fascinated by analytics, search metrics, predicting trends and experimenting with new forms of content? Do you know your Maverick update from your Halloween update?
Metro.co.uk is looking for a talented SEO Reporter to join our SEO team to perform in-depth keyword research, optimise content, analyse and predict trends, offer SEO guidance and write evergreen content.
As well as the ability to spot stories and trends, suitable candidates will have an instinct for predicting what users will be searching for, and be proactive when it comes to suggesting engaging search-focused news spin-offs.
Applicants will also have a keen interest in SEO news and how algorithm changes could affect best practices.
Working with section editors across news, tech, lifestyle, soaps, entertainment, and sport, you will play a key role in shaping the types of stories Metro.co.uk covers as well as developing long-term strategies around search content and engagement.
Applicants will be expected to compile daily search keyword lists, update the diary with well-researched SEO content ideas, be confident in advising reporters and editors across the site, be knowledgeable at how to optimise content, take ownership of SEO projects when required, be willing to lead occasional shifts and, when required, be able to deliver vibrant, clean copy to very tight deadlines.
- Best use of analytics tools, specifically Google Trends, both in planning and production
- Understanding the use of keywords in headlines/page titles and copy and how this improves search ranking
- Confident in optimising and nurturing existing site content and offering SEO guidance to reporters on fresh pieces
- Experience writing engaging articles quickly and accurately to deadlines
- Meticulous forward planning skills and the ability to react to breaking news
- Ability to apply existing SEO skills and knowledge to new tasks
- Good understanding of Technical SEO
- Being proactive in suggesting and developing new ideas around topics and types of content
- Confidence to advise staff of best optimisation practises
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, fast-paced 24/7 news environment
- Flexibility regarding shift patterns
- Out of hours availability in rare breaking news scenarios and a high level of adaptability are essential
- Understanding of legal covenants such as the UK Editors’ Code of Practice
The above list is not exhaustive and is constantly evolving, based on the needs of the business. A high level of adaptability is essential.
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to send an up-to-date CV, a note about yourself, and examples of your work. Any applications received without a CV will not be considered.