Daily Express, Social Media Editor
Got a nose for a story and always know what’s trending on Twitter? This job could be for you. If you know your TikTok from your Insta Stories this is the chance for you to spread your wings and join an award-winning social team at Reach Nationals, working across our Daily Express title.
We are looking for a brilliant Social Media Editor to join our London-based editorial team, who will help find the best stories and drive social traffic in creative ways.
On a daily basis, you will be responsible for identifying news stories and exclusives which will perform well on our social platforms by engaging and increasing our social audience.
Working closely with the Head of Social you will plan content where possible, but you will also be able to adapt, change plan, and keep up to date at the drop of a hat as the world of social media doesn’t wait for anymore!
This is a fantastic role working in a fast-paced environment, and one which will offer the successful candidate a great opportunity to develop and build on their skills and industry knowledge.
So, who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers.
From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Finding and pitching stories - informed by what’s trending on social - and running these across our social channels
- You will be responsible for suggesting innovative ways to continuously drive traffic to our sites and grow our digital audiences
- Editing and posting stories and videos on social pages
- Overseeing the successful implementation of social media strategies and forward planning social media content and coverage
- Covering live events and breaking news across social platform
- Monitoring the competitive landscape to identify trends - and communicating any findings
- Sharing knowledge and best practice across the business
- Helping to ensure each brand’s content is getting maximum referrals from social media
- Product testing of new social media developments
- Monitoring social media analytics, and producing reports when required
The ideal candidate
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for someone who will have proven experience working within a digital newsroom before, and has managed social media content within your previous roles.
- You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Will be a fast, but accurate, worker with excellent web and social skills and knowledge.
- Will have in-depth knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media platforms
- This job involves shift work, including evenings and weekends. Hours will vary, but candidates must be flexible.
Click 'APPLY' now.