Healthcare Leader & Management in Practice, Reporter
We are looking for an eagle-eyed journalist to work as a reporter for our primary care titles.
This is an exciting opportunity for a journalist to take a role shaping the news and features content of our healthcare titles Healthcare Leader and Management in Practice, with occasional contributions to The Pharmacist.
Working across the titles’ digital platforms the perfect candidate will have flair for writing and enjoy making contacts and sourcing stories.
The reporter will be expected to split their time across the publications to produce top-quality news stories, features and interviews, covering healthcare news that engages the magazines’ target audiences of primary care commissioners and leaders and practice managers.
They will work collaboratively in a small team and also be part of a friendly, stimulating editorial environment at the magazines, which are part of a larger group of healthcare publications, which includes Pulse and Nursing in Practice.
The role is ideal for a journalist looking to make their name as a news reporter in a fast-paced, demanding and fulfilling environment. They will be efficient and able to split their time. It will be a busy job but should appeal to an ambitious candidate with a flair for health journalism.
It is preferable, but not essential, for the successful candidate to have a journalism qualification. It is essential to have some demonstrable experience of writing news.
- Sourcing and writing news stories and news-led features
- Monitoring the healthcare market to identify likely stories and trends
- Uploading content to our websites and seo
- Working within tight deadlines
- Contacting healthcare professionals to write blog articles
- Assisting with social media across the publications
- Working with the rest of the editorial team to shape the content and direction of the titles
- Attending meetings and conferences as required
- Competitive package
- 37.5 hours per week with flexible working around core hours of 10am-4pm
- Currently remote based due to pandemic
- Office centrally located in – between Bank, St Paul’s and Barbican
- Local company discounts – including restaurants, yoga and beauty!
- Travel support – season ticket loan and cycle to work loan
- Christmas party
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays + office closure over the Christmas period + additional day off for your birthday + loyalty bonus + option to purchase additional holiday
If you feel you are suited to the position please send your application by clicking 'APPLY NOW'.