News Staff Writer - New York City, CoStar News - NY
CoStar Group is the world’s leading provider of information and marketing solutions for the Commercial Real Estate industry. We are a NASDAQ listed company with a market cap of over US$30B and sit alongside other notable names such as Amazon, Facebook, Google and Apple.
We do this by actively researching the commercial real estate markets and providing data, analytics, innovative tools and powerful marketing platforms in the U.S. and Internationally to help our clients transact with one another. CoStar continues to win multiple awards including one of Forbes most innovative companies (2017) and Fortune’s fastest growing companies (2018).
CoStar Group’s award-winning News team is the go-to source for industry news, delivering timely stories that help our customers stay informed.
Comprised of seasoned journalists, CoStar News publishes headlines that inform the commercial real estate industry -- the latest deals, major transactions, and promotions across numerous markets worldwide.
As a CoStar News Staff Writer you will be responsible for reporting and writing about the one of the most dynamic real estate markets in the world -- New York.
We are seeking a sure-footed self-starter who can regularly deliver scoops and enterprise about the big names and bigger buildings that animate the nation's largest commercial real estate community.
This is a high-profile, lively beat, with lots of competition, so we have a strong preference for a journalist experienced in the property markets or business topics who can help readers understand how the city is changing and where the future lies.
- Demonstrate an ability to break news and produce engaging features and trend stories for an audience of commercial real estate professionals
- Cultivate and manage a bench of knowledgeable sources and expert contributors
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of current affairs and commercial real estate news by reading key publications, looking for opportunities to help CoStar stand apart
- Follow generally accepted journalism ethics and standards to report the facts, including a commitment to truth, accuracy, fairness and impartiality
- Use readership and social media data to gain a better understanding of the news our readers are most interested in to help shape future coverage
- Bachelor’s degree required in journalism, communications, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience reporting and writing for a daily business journal or publication
- 1+ year of experience reporting and writing within the commercial real estate or property markets
- Candidates are required to submit portfolio of work supporting above listed experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Results oriented with a proven ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results while working to deadlines under pressure
- Comfort with digital media, with a creative flair for images and other visual content to accompany reports
- Proven ability to uncover breaking news
- Solid web headline and story writing skills, with a command of AP Style and a knowledge of SEO and social media best practices
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated interest in the commercial real estate industry
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces.
Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability.
Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines.
In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group:
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Click 'APPLY' now.