Barcroft Studios, Senior Editorial Producer - 12 Month FTC
About the Team
Barcroft Studios produces a series of hit digital shows which run across all the major digital platforms, amassing millions of views on Facebook, YouTube and Snapchat.
We produce our shows in seasons of 10-12 episodes and it’s the Senior Editorial Producer’s job to oversee these series, finding and producing stories themselves but also managing our Editorial Producers to ensure they are finding the right mix and quality of stories, and are hitting all their deadlines and targets.
- Managing our Editorial Producers to ensure that, together, you produce compelling, entertaining and inspiring series of our hit shows, with a wide range of stories and contributors.
- Taking the creative lead in developing the content in each of our series, ensuring the stories are varied and that each one has a clear narrative and climax.
- Ensuring your team hit deadlines and production targets. We currently publish 9 new episodes every week and have to hit, or exceed, our production targets.
- Producing stories yourself, seeing them through from the initial idea to a finished film.
- Developing our Editorial Producers, helping to broaden their skill sets so they can ultimately move forwards in the company.
- Pitching in new ideas that will keep our series refreshed and exciting, ensuring that Barcroft stays ahead of the competition through innovation.
- Managing every step of the production of your stories - pitching them, writing shooting briefs, edit scripts and final news copy that will accompany your story.
- Ensuring all paperwork is in place for every story - every contributor and location must be covered by a signed release form, saved to the story’s job folder.
- Helping the Managing Editor and Deputy Head of Editorial to generally manage the team, standing in for them where necessary.
What Do I Need To Succeed?
- A passion for finding, and producing, previously untold amazing true stories.
- An ability to get the best out of people, keeping them motivated and enjoying their work while hitting some demanding deadlines.
- To be hugely organised and detail focused - you will be juggling a large number of stories at various stages of the production process.
- To be a team player with a strong desire to learn and develop.
- The drive to succeed in a hugely creative, but pressurised, environment.
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Discounted gym membership and onsite health & wellbeing (yoga at lunch anyone?!)
- Annual Future conference - get together with your colleagues to celebrate success and look forward to what's next
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Click 'APPLY' now.