Barcroft Studios, Editorial Producer - 12 Month FTC
About the Team
Barcroft Studios produces a series of hit digital shows which run across all the major digital platforms, amassing millions of views on Facebook, YouTube and Snapchat.
The editorial team is responsible for finding and producing the stories that populate these series. We have millions of viewers across the globe and the purpose of this role is to find and produce the stories that will keep them coming back to our channel.
- Researching original, inspiring real life stories that will appear in our hit series and resonate with Barcroft’s young, passionate audience.
- Producing these stories, seeing them through from the initial idea to a finished film.
- Co-producing entire series runs of our shows, ensuring that every episode is compelling, surprising, and inspiring, and that each series features a wide range of stories and contributors.
- Managing every step of the production of your stories - from pitching them, to writing shooting briefs, edit scripts and the final news copy that will accompany your story.
- Pitching in new ideas that will keep our series refreshed and exciting. Providing exciting lists for every conference but also thinking about bigger ideas that could lead to new series launches.
- Ensuring you hit both deadlines and production targets. We currently publish 9 new episodes every week and have to hit, or exceed, our production targets.
- Ensuring all paperwork is in place for every story - every contributor and location must be covered by a signed release form, saved to the story’s job folder.
What Do I Need To Succeed
- A passion for finding, and producing, previously untold amazing true stories.
- To be hugely organised and detail focused - you will be juggling a large number of stories at various stages of the production process.
- To be a team player with a strong desire to learn and develop.
- The drive to succeed in a hugely creative, but pressurised, environment.
- This job would be ideal for someone with a journalistic background who is looking to move into digital video production.
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Discounted gym membership and onsite health & wellbeing (yoga at lunch anyone?!)
- Annual Future conference - get together with your colleagues to celebrate success and look forward to what's next
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Click 'APPLY' now.